Budget 2013 Malaysia Highlights
Check out the Budget Malaysia 2013 (Bajet 2013 malaysia) highlights announced today.
1) RM200 one-off rebate for purchase of 3G smartphone for persons aged from 21 to 30 with monthly income of RM3,000 or below.
2) BR1M 2.0: RM250 assistance money for single individual aged 21 and above with monthly income not more than RM2,000. RM500 assistance money for household earning less than RM3000.
3) 50% discount on KTM Komuter fares extended to all Malaysians with a monthly income of RM3,000 and below and who travel by KTM Komuter.
4) Reduce sugar subsidy by 20 sen per kg from 29 Sept 2012.
5) Individual income tax rate to be reduced by 1 percentage point for the first RM50,000 of chargeable income. Child tax relief be increased from RM4,000 to RM6,000 per child for children aged 18 and above and receiving receiving full-time tertiary education.
6) Book voucher of RM250 for students in Form 6 as well as Higher Learning Institutions. (Previously RM200)
7) PTPTN loans: Incentive – repayment of full loan from 1 October 2012 until 30 September 2013, a discount of 20% will be given on their loan. Regular repayment gets a 10% discount.
8) My First Home Scheme income limit for individual loans raised from RM3,000 to RM5,000 per month.
9) Bonus of 1.5x month for public servants, Half month paid during 2012 Hari Raya. Remaining one month be paid in 50% in Dec 2012 and 50% in Jan 2013.
10) School Aids: RM100 for every primary and secondary school students.
11) FREE Mammography screening for women aged above 40.
Budget 2013 Infographics :
Share this Budget 2013 with your friends & family now.